Top 5 programming languages for building AIsolutions.The topic that created much buzz in the world of computerscience last year is clearly “Artificial Intelligence”. Thanks to MarkZuckerberg for showing his deep interest in the development of ArtificialIntelligence and making it a trending topic of 2017.
AI in itself is so strong and substantial that it has thecapacity to convoy yet another revolution in the field of Computers and ofhuman intelligence as well. This is the very reason that many geeks havealready begun working in the development of AI, for it is best to strike theiron while it’s hot. Around 1031 AI start ups have already been listed underAngelList. According to Forbes, around 65% of investment made in the field ofAI has already been absorbed by leading companies based in U.S.
In the year2016 itself, a total of $39B was invested by companies in the AI market makingit a massive industry. Solution to artificial intelligence may seem complex to notjust beginners but to the programmers working in this field since a long periodas well. This complexity arises due to the lack of understanding as to whichprogramming language will serve their purpose the best. There exist manyprogramming languages for the development of artificial intelligence butchoosing the best among them is what the trick is. All it takes for the smooth progress in AI is an intelligentdecision making while opting for the right programming language as per one’sindividual business. There is no single language that serves each and everypurpose hence, no language can be declared as best.
How perfect any language isfor any individual depends on what he is looking forward to and what are hisdemands. Here are the top 5 programming languages for building AIsolutions:1. PythonOne of the leading languages used fordeveloping AI Projects is Python which is because of its simplicity and easycoding behavior and is especially used in health related startups involving AI.One of the primary reasons for using Python is because it is the collation ofboth Java and Lisp hence; you potentially get to use the essential features ofthe two. Another reason for Python’s popularity is the engagement of developersbecause of its dynamic features. Bestfeatures of Python:· Practical versions of libraries.
(tensorflow, numpy, VTK, Simple AI)· Open Source Libraries.(Numpy, Matplotlib)· Great Framework.(scikit-learn)· Effortless prototyping and building ofapps.
· Easy to learn.· Open Source.· Modular programming.
· Fast testing. 2. PrologThe reason Prolog is preferred for AIsolutions is that it pretty much revolves around a dedicated set of mechanismswhich consists of a small, flexible yet well-built programming framework. UsingProlog one can exploit basic but constructive features of LISP as well. Bestfeatures of Prolog:· Logic-based development.· Expert system implementation.
· Easy rule implementation.· Pattern matching.· Supports backtracking.· List handling mechanism. 3.
JavaJava is in the top five because of itsfamiliarity and easy to use features. This OOP language allows easy coding ofalgorithms which covers the major part of AI. Java is always a choice of thosedevelopers who plan to develop large scale projects and when portability isvital. Bestfeatures of Java:· Strong Libraries.(Weka, Mahout)· Easy usability.· Scalability.· In-built Garbage Collection.· User interaction.
· Fast. 4. C++The very reason C++ is used in AIsolutions is its speed; it is probably the fastest language out of all.Therefore, whenever speed is the prime concern of any AI developer, C++ isopted. Bestfeatures of C++:· Speed.· Easy to learn.· Real world implementations.· Genetic Algorithms· Neural Network Implementations.
· Mission Critical Systems. 5. LISPLISP (List Processing) is that highlevel language which impresses AI developers quite well and has been used inmany classic AI Projects as well. The factor that places it at the lastposition is that, in comparison to others it is not fast. Bestfeatures of LISP:· Supports Symbolic Programming.· Garbage Collection· Syntax Uniformity.
· Extensible.· Rapid Prototyping.· Machine Translations.· Great prototyping tool.