The Indian telecom isthe fastest growing industry in the world It is one of major GDP and economic development factor in the world.The Indian telecom in current scenario is the most unstable industry ascompared to other industry due to entry of reliance jio but the growth in thesector is certainty. Due to this scenario the Indian telcom industry hasstarted consolidate in which the teleco are mergering toshare their network assets. The following report will guide you to the Idea –Vodafone merger and how this merger and there technology Road map will helpthem to stabilize.
IntroductionIndiantelecom sector is the fastest growing sector in the current Indian economy Scenario but at the same time it isa highly unstable sector due to current competition. It has connections over11.1 billon which makes it second largest in global scenario with a continuousgrowing CAGR of 19.6% driven by an exponential surge in data consumption in the recent fewyears. India ranks among top five countries across the world in highestinternet users and is speculated to rank as the fourth largest market by theyear 2020 with two out of every three mobile phones to be smart phones.
Collaborative efforts by numerous players in the market, Telecom ServicesProviders (TSPs), infrastructure companies, regulatory bodies and thegovernment have nurtured the Indian telecom market and the same is expected tocross the INR 6.6 trillion2 revenue mark by the year 2020. But still advancesare needed in the sector due to current scenarios , despite the growth numbers and an upwardtrajectory, significant enhancements have to be made in the IT andtelecommunications ecosystems for greater efficiencies and sustained growth.Thus, the Indian market provides telecom service providers with a largeuntapped potential, given the country’s increasing population and its lowtele-density.
The Government has plans to raise tele-density to 80-85 per centby 2020, thereby offering greater growth opportunities for service providers.No doubt, there has been a revolutionary shift in telecom growth in India inthe last decade, several lacunae persist and need sustained policy attention toachieve a just distribution of telecommunications resources.Vodafone India is the Indian subsidiary of UK-based Vodafone Group, the world’ssecond-largest mobile phone company, and is a provider of telecommunications services PAN India. Vodafone India has amarket share of 18.42% with approximately 200 million subscribers and isthe second largest mobile telecommunications network.IdeaCellular is an Indian mobilenetwork operator based at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Idea is a pan-India integrated GSM operator offering 2G, 3G and 4G mobileservice. Idea has 193.96 million subscribers as of 31 July 2017 making itthe third largest teleco.Currently to cope-upcurrent scenario both teleco has agreed upon a merger to become the largestteleco in the telecom sector by using their common network assets efficiently.
Demand of Indian market· In 2017 data usage in India surpassed USA and China it’s thanks to introduction of free data offers from Reliance Jio. Thus, additional investment innetwork to boost coverageof web footprint are done by telecommunication industry. · In next 2 years improvement ofcoverage can demandinvestment of around three hundred thousand crore.IOT , AI beside robots and drone are the long term technologiesadopted by the country .· These technologiesdemand for prime speedand so, 5G along with fiber network square measure the longer term goals forthe telecommunication trade.
· Indian customers specially livingin high cities can watch prime quality TV content and livestreaming and it demand telcos toinvest in network to support video.· Report,says ofthese investments created by telecommunication corporations can increase their revenues however result in nearly twentyfifth decline in ARPU.· Indian telecommunication trade demands telcos to take a position in indoorcoverage and spectrum which can result in magnified quality of service(QOS),. powerful Indian telecommunication corporations squaremeasure celebrating eminent speed test , however client can stillface video and voice quality issues fornext 2 to 3 years. Strength of Vodafone-Idea. The combined subscriber count for Vodafone-idea are around thirty-nine crore followed by Airtel’s twenty-seven crore.
The united entity can have revenue market sharearound40% followed by Airtel’s thirty-two percent.Vodafone-Idea can along havethe strongest retail footprint likewise as sturdy spectrum holdings. Mergerof Vodafone-Idea can build them biggest spectrumholder in Asian nation knock out Reliance-Jio.
Theentity would have thirty-fivepercent network capability share.Merged entity can result in higher service quality and client expertise. it’ll have,reduced money challenges, which can encourage the corporate to pay a lot of on QOS. Affordability & Cost · Entry of Reliance Jio haslaunched an enormous price battle. With its free services,Jio has upset the larger players.· The Vodafone-Idea unified entity can solely add fuel to the hearth.
· Since the unified entity can have a lot of resources, the medium price battle goes tourge messier.· Idea-Vodafone merger could cause a lot of consolidation.Reliance Communications, Tata Teleservices and Aircel square measure already in talksfor merger.
· Airtel has bought India operations of Telenor. Reliance is unquestionably attending to face stiff fightfrom the new biggies. the buyer are the king. · Though the consolidatedentities would fight the value warfor a year or 2, costs square measure attendingto increase within the long run.
· With fewer firms within the sector, there’s a better probability of accord on costs. Moreover, because the new biggies provide higherclient expertise,it cannot return atlow costs. Data & Voice supportVodafone India has 17circles with 4G capability .Idea’s wireless broadband network is spread across17 circles with a population of over 880 million, with 50 per cent of thispopulation already covered. By combining their respective businesses, Idea and Vodafone willestablish a company with the scale and efficiency required to offer innovativeand attractively priced mobile services, enhancing it Data & Voice Services.
The combination of the two companies’ networks and spectrum holdings, togetherwith continued investment, will accelerate the pan-India expansion of its Data& Voice driven Services.. The combined company will have sufficientspectrum to compete effectively with the other major operators in the market.
It would hold 1,850 MHz, including circa 1,645 MHz of liberalised spectrumacquired through auctions7. It will be capable of buildingsubstantial mobile data capacity, utilizing the largest broadband spectrumportfolio with 34 3G carriers and 129 4G carriers across the country ,whichwill lead to efficient and a well covered PAN India network. Future evolution · Idea is building the base for 5G.· They clearly expect thisis often planning to taketime. in the meantime,a solid 4G network goes tobe the crucial retreat for future 5G. plan expect 5G to be launchedworldwide within the developedmarket by 2020.
· By 2022, India ought to be prepared for 5G.· When it had been 2G and 3G, India was a minimum of a decade behinddeveloped markets. once it had been 4G, they were a minimum of 4-5 years behind thedeveloped market. · In 5G, we expect to lag by just two years of launch .
· Idea Cellular is committedto investment intechnologies like huge MIMO,Cloud, and AI, the way client expertise will improve on virtual reality , augmented reality. · Though the 5G technology continues to be some yearsaway Vodafone company is transferral a number of the 5Gtechnologies like huge MIMO into 4G and applying them. · They are conducting trialsof this technology.· It is very futuristic in 5G,but are using it in 4G. There will be many other things that company will bebringing into their networks.Latency has been the amount one priority for Vodafone India, that claims to possess the most effective latencyin India among allnetworks.
Thus, each the businesses are able to select 5Gin close future, each have capability to adopt 5Gtechnology on an individual basis. once merging the entity will apace acquire the up coming technologies with hyperbolic capability of the entityAcknowledgement:- The members of the group would like tothanks our teachers and colleagues for giving us valuable input throughout themaking of this Report .We would like to thanks Dr. Suresh Borkar for giving us his valuable inputs. References:-· www.trai.gov.in· www.telecomtalk.info· www.economictimes.indiatimes.com· https://telecomtalk.info/now-idea-cellular-moves-to-tdsat-against-trai-for-allowing-jios-promotional-offers/160240/· http://www.adityabirla.com/media/press-reports/Idea-running-marathon-pace-sprint· http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/mobile-phone/what-is-4g-complete-guide-4g-3403880/