The footprint. Actions like these have consolidated the company’s

Thecompany is the member of Indian business Biodiversity Initiative of CII.Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd became the first company in the world to join “TheClimate Group’s” worldwide program, EP100, a commitment to double energyproductivity by 2030. In addition, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.

has announcedan internal carbon price to work towards reducing its carbon footprint. Actionslike these have consolidated the company’s leadership position in thesustainability space. Mahindra & Mahindra, Mahindra Finance and TechMahindra feature on the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Indices with Tech Mahindrabeing one of only two Indian companies in the A List. Mahindra Group set anambitious goal of planting 1 million trees every year across the nation toincrease India’s green cover and offset national greenhouse gas emissions.

Best services for writing your paper according to Trustpilot

Premium Partner
From $18.00 per page
4,8 / 5
4,80
Writers Experience
4,80
Delivery
4,90
Support
4,70
Price
Recommended Service
From $13.90 per page
4,6 / 5
4,70
Writers Experience
4,70
Delivery
4,60
Support
4,60
Price
From $20.00 per page
4,5 / 5
4,80
Writers Experience
4,50
Delivery
4,40
Support
4,10
Price
* All Partners were chosen among 50+ writing services by our Customer Satisfaction Team

M&M has planted 2,332,496 trees till date (2007-2016). In the reportingperiod, energy consumption stood at 1,633,603GJ compared to 1,528,765 GJ lastyear. Energy saving of 100000GJ in 2017 was due to installation of heat pump atpaint shop and use of energy efficient motors in place of conventional motors.

Due to 360 degree water management program, the Mahindra group has achieved awater positive status as the water consumption was reduced from 1,541,061m3(2016)to 1,356,578m3. Direct saving in municipal water was 1 million in FY 2015-16alone. M&M has eliminated carbon footprint due to paint sludge reuseprocess because 70% of the paint goes on the body shell while remaining 30%goes waste, this paint sludge is hazardous waste and needs to be treatedseparately.

Disposal cost saving of the company was 3.03 million. Together thebusiness saved 100000 plus GJ energy through sustained energy saving initiativein 2016-2017.

Mahindra & Mahindra became the first Indian company toannounce its internal carbon price of US$10 per ton of carbon emission. Thecarbon price is aligned with the business commitment to reduce the GHGemissions by 25% over the next three years. Comingto the training part of the employees 2,666 human-hours of training provided toworkmen, 6255 human-hours of training to third party contract workers and 685human hours of training provided to 63 employees from junior, middle and seniormanagement. Project handled by M&M Nanhi Kali, educated 60000 plus girlsacross 12 states of India. We can see decline in waste due to recycling paintsludge by using as an input material for cement industry and recycling paintsludge by using as an input material for cement industry. The company has a riskof losing Rs. 292.5Cr as there is the litigation in court related to unfairtrade practices.

The company has a huge supply chain with thousands ofsuppliers and we are not sure if all the suppliers are screened for potentialhuman right violations. There is a potential risk out of this issue. Thecompany faces a reputational risk due to recent human rights violations in oneof its group companies M/S Tech Mahindra due to unfair treatment of itsemployees.

Company comprises of eight independent directors including awoman director and one non independent director as on 31st March, 2017. The board of the company comprises of elevendirectors as on 31st March, 2017. During the year sixboard meeting were held. The company has rich legacy of ethical governancepractices many of which were implemented by the Company even before they weremandated by law.

The company is committed to transparency in all its dealingsand places high emphasis on business ethics.