· Number of people who useInstagram in Australia each month: 9 million (Cowling, 2017).· Number of people who useFacebook in Australia each month: 15 million.The number of people who use major social media platforms like Instagramand Facebook is vast, while the cost of upholding a social media presence isminimal.
Having a modern and interactive Orchy Facebook and Instagram page canpotentially reach thousands of customers every day. The suggestedapproach for the distribution of Orchyproducts will be to implement the pull strategy. A pullstrategy includes encouraging consumers to pursue Orchy products in an activemanner. ‘Pulling the consumer towards theOrchy products’. Pull marketingbenefits significantlyfrom autonomoussocial behaviourlike word-of-mouth andcontent online going ‘viral’.
Pull marketingin the modern-day uses numerous media passages to produce interest about a product or company, inspiringcustomers to pursuethe product or company on their ownaccord (Marketing-schools, n.d.).Place · Length of visits· Number of visits· Referring sources· Method of access · Informationviewed upon visit· Pages visitedThese statisticswill include the capability to identify: As the abovetable shows, although social media is different from other forms of web media,the same information can be composed and used to advise an understanding of theinfluence of the new marketing approach for Orchy. Social media activities heldon a site under your control provide you with the chance to gather statisticsusing the regular web analytic tools available from easily accessible software(Norman, n.
d.). (McPhillips,2014)It is favourableto develop an outline of activity and connect that with social mediapromotional activity. By noticing what people post, when they post content, andwhat kind of content they post we can track Orchy’s progress across the socialmedia promotions.
· Time and date ofposts.· Content source(picture, video, link).· Use of hashtags.· Relation of poststo those on other social media platforms (sharing an Instagram post toFacebook).· Post numbers.· Number ofresponses to posts.
· Nature and contentof posts.Observations caninclude: There is aculture that takes place on a Facebook page and an Instagram page. This diverseplatform is therefore highly responsive to evaluations that draw on researchmethods that focus on different marketing cultures (Norman, n.d.
). The two mainmethods highlighted are observation and conversation analysis. Along with theplacement of the Australian-made logo on the Orchy product labels and the newsocial media marketing strategy, it is recommended to introduce and makeapparent to the consumers some of the Orchy brands business background andcommitments to supporting local farmers. This promotion will correspondinglycommunicate that Orchy was ‘Australia’sfirst chilled juice’.
This is an attraction strategy that will escalatesales and generate more brand awareness. Promotions will include a solid socialmedia marketing strategy as outlined below.Promotion 10% price decrease across all Orchy products Theprice strategy suggested to use for Orchy would be the price penetrationstrategy. The fruit juice industry in Australia is growing rapidly which ispermitting new brands to enter this competitive market (Cartelle, 2008).
Orchy’s cost price is already quite low and this is one of the biggest factorsthat sets Orchy apart from its competitors. The newly identified target marketis the conventional mothers and affordable pricing is a major condition thatthis target audience will consider before making a purchase. Price New Product Attributes Resulting Consumer Benefit Australian-Made Logo Facebook and Instagram Customers are perhaps currently unaware that Orchy is Australian-made and supports local farmers. Including this logo on all labels across the range will make the product more enticing to the customers and consumers. Implementing a concrete social media presence has many benefits.
Some of which include increased brand awareness, more opportunities to adapt, improved brand loyalty, advanced discussion rates, greater brand prestige, increased inbound traffic, reduced marketing costs, better search engine optimisation, richer customer experiences and improved customer insights (DeMers, 2014). Definingthe product attributes Thesecond strategy proposed is to implement a social media marketing plan. Theplatforms suggested are the use of Facebook and Instagram as these are becomingincreasingly appealing to conventional mothers (Dudley-Nicholson, 2017). Theuse of Facebook and Instagram for social media marketing is very cost-effectiveand efficient marketing tool. (Kern, n.d). Thepackaging is inconsistent and outdated in comparison to the competitors. Thepackaging doesn’t stand out and is in desperate need of a modern design inorder to keep up with the top opponents in the market.
The most importantsuggestion for the Orchy packaging is to include the Australian Made logo.Research suggests that 88.5% of Australians over the age of 14 are more likelyto buy Australian-made product (Roy Morgan Research, 2013). A clear driver in the success of the Orchy brandhas definitely been its value for money.
The Orchy customers can enjoy thebenefit of a convenient and inexpensive refreshment while not having tocompromise on the quality of the ingredients or the taste (Orchy Ice, 2012).While the ingredients and the price of the products will remained unchanged,the projected repositioning strategy suggests that Orchy implement a new socialmedia marketing plan and also designs a modern label that is consistent acrossthe entire product range and includes the Australian Made logo so that it isclear when customers are purchasing Orchy products that they are supportinglocal farmers and an Australian Business.ProductMarketing Mix StrategiesPositioning Map Another strongsuit identified from the SWOT analysis was that the products are Australianmade and the ingredients are sourced from Australian farms.
Orchy need tocommunicate this kind of important information to the customers as it willstand to benefit their overall position in the market. They can do this byincluding the ‘Australian made’ logo on to their labels and by using it invarious marketing material they may decide to share on social media (Roy MorganResearch, 2013). Australian Owned The SWOT analysisidentified that one of the major strengths of the Orchy brand is that theproducts are inexpensive.
With already reasonably priced products, the Orchybrand can benefit tremendously from implementing these marketing strategies inorder to gain more brand awareness from the target customers. Value for MoneyPositioning Attributes Orchy can makethe most of using social media to advertise products and low-prices on aplatform that many Conventional mothersuse. It not only proves an effective and inexpensive marketing strategy for thecompany, but it will also reach many members of the target audience at onetime. The more exposure the target market get to the Orchy products, the morelikely they are to buy them (Kern, n.d). The positioningstrategy suggested for Orchy is Low-cost positioning.
Conventional mothers are tempted by inexpensive products and aremuch more likely to make a purchase based on low-prices, rather than an ethicalor more elite purchase. PositioningStrategyPositioningStrategy Orchy currently have awide-ranging consumer type with no predominantly apparent target market. Toincrease sales and improve Orchy’s overall market position, we have selectedthe new target market to be the ConventionalMothers group. Conventional mothers are always on the look-out forconvenient and affordable products for their families. Once they become aregular buyer of a product, they are likely to continue purchasing andconsuming the same products long-term for convenience(Experian, 2015).
· Like to support local farmers and Australian businesses.· Buy the same products and generally stick to thebrands they know and have always used.· Purchase products in large quantities forconvenience, to save time and potentially save money.BehaviouralAspect · Living in large cities or small towns.
· Mothers to families living in Australia.GeographicAspects · Believe that products made in Australia have anadvanced level of food safety for their children. · Are not concerned with standing or status amongstother community members and will purchase products which are priced favourablywithin their means.· Interested in supporting locally sourced productswhen offered at an affordable price.PsychographicAspects · Caucasian mothers between the ages of 30 and 40.Typically the customer is busy, married and is a conventional woman.Characteristically, the low price and handiness of a product is more attractiveto this customer than the look of the packaging, quality of the ingredients ornutrients that the product provides (Experian, 2015).DemographicAspects